Marist Preparatory/JHS, Sabin Akrofrom
The establishment of Marist Preparatory/Junior High School was the brainchild of Rev. Bro. Hyacinth Okoro. The idea received the blessing of the then Sector Superior Rev. Bro. Andrew Iwuagwu, who charged Rev. Bro. Daniel Osei Kwadwo to put things in place for the takeoff of the school.
The school was started on 15th September, 1997 in a small hall built by the Marist Brothers’ Formation Centre, Sabin - Akrofrom. The hall was partitioned in order to get rooms for the eighty pupils in the nursery, kindergarten and primary one classes.
In 1999 the primary classroom block was built.
After about four years Bro. Daniel Osei Kwadwo was relieved by the late Rev. Bro. Joseph Owusu Afriyie who worked tirelessly to get the junior high school classroom, the administration and ICT blocks constructed.
Marist Preparatory/Junior High School exists to build a Christ-centred learning community committed to academic excellence and moral values that prepare children and young people to become good Christians and good citizens.
Marist Preparatory/Junior High School seeks to become one of the top performing basic schools in Ghana that combines academic excellence with high moral standards grounded in faith formation in a conductive learning environment.
|Headmaster||Br. John Kusi-Mensah|
|Assitant Headmaster||Mr. Bartholomew Kraimah|
|School Bursar||Br. Emmanuel Dorbin|
|Pastoral Co-ordinator||Br. Tombir Brendane|
- Junior High
- English Language
- Our World Our People
- Natural/Integrated Science
- Ghanaian Language
- Creative Arts
- Religious And MoralEducation
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- BDT (Home Economics/Pre-Technical Skills)
- Music club
- School choir
- Cultural and Drama Group
- French club
- Science And Maths Club
- Brass Band
- Choreography Group
- At the 2nd National Basic Education Award ceremony held in 2008, Marist School was offered an award for being the fifth best school in academic excellence.
- In the 2018/19 academic year Marist Preparatory/Junior High School took the first position in the quiz competition organized by NCCE in the Atwima Kwanwoma District.
- In October, 2019 Marist School took the second position in the inter-schools Cadet Steeple Competition.
- The performance of Marist Preparatory / Junior High School in the BECE has always been the best or among the best in the Atwima Kwanwoma District.
- The school has an ultra modern nursery /kindergarten department.
- Marist Preparatory/Junior High School is the only basic school in the Atwima Kwanwoma District which has a Science Laboratory where the pupils/students can do experiments on what they are taught.